Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Split

How is it that there is
this split of feelings;
one made of  heavenly love,
the other made in the abyss.

I do not understand
how I can be two
completely different souls,
it is difficult to withstand.

I don't want to hate you
but right there it is;
one minute the feeling's there
and I do not know what to do.

But then there is craving,
a flame burning bright;
a feeling that consumes me
with love and heat that is scathing.

They have a name for it,
say its Bi-Polar.
It's funny, I don't feel ill;
I feel two ways, I do admit.

But then there are the times
when I'm so depressed
I cannot get out of bed
or I can't leave the house' confines.

So I guess it is true:
I am divided.
Sometimes I am on a high,
but at other's I'm a deep blue.

©2012 C. Boeneman

No comments:

Post a Comment