Thursday, September 6, 2012

Who Is the Challenged: Me or You

Maybe the worst is over  
I certainly hope that's true;  
never wished to fall apart  
or to cause trouble for you. 

Maybe now life can go on
for me as well as for you.
I hope you can forgive me,
maybe even start anew.

I will not push for that though.
it's got to be up to you.
I know I've been acting odd
I hope now that is all through.

There's a special wish I have
that is for your staff and you;
that you can learn to accept
the challenged, it's overdue.

We are all unique, you know,
different talents, strong suits.
we all have our weaknesses;
All we can do is improve.

The autistic are people 
and have human feelings too.
We may not express them well
but we can fall in love true.

Give us opportunities
and you just might look anew
at who the disabled are  
and also at what we can do.

©2012 Cherie R. Boeneman







No comments:

Post a Comment