Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bloody Politics

Politics can be bloody
even for constituents.
I volunteered for decades
for the same official.

But then I became depressed
because I had lost my job
So then I was unwelcome; 
basis superficial.

Bigotry and ignorance
were the primary causes;
fright of the misunderstood;
no one with open ear.

Stigma of the different
can cause much apprehension,
cause us to be ostracized,
create in others fear.

It has been far, far too slow
for aversion to end
and inclusion to begin;
Politics should be first.

Why Democrats are afraid
to step up to the plate
to bat for the autistic
is politics at worst.

Make the changes fully now,
let us wholly function
we can use abilities
and show what we can do.

There is no need to hurt us
when we are capable
Yes, we are quite different
but we are human too.



P.S. "Bloody" is used here in the British sense.


©2012 Cherie R. Boeneman
















No comments:

Post a Comment