Thursday, August 2, 2012

He Confuses Me

He has a heart of gold,
a backbone of titanium,
brilliant as a diamond,
eyes are clear and bold.


Voice mellow as the moon
belies  firmness of conviction.
Steel blue gaze tells how
highly he's attuned.


He's focused on his goal
like an eagle from high above,
circling on the wind,
using self-control.


Opponents know his ways,
respect him for the pro he is.
Supporters just smile
and wait for his play.


The power he can wield
has been decades in building.
It's second to none
when its unconcealed.


Don't ever sell him short,
He can crush you in a heartbeat.
One word from this man
can your dreams abort.


How one man can be two:
compassionate and frightening,
eyes soft and yet steel,
is odd yet it's true.


I find him affecting
and attractive to the extreme.
I don't understand
what he's projecting.


He has sex appeal
in a way that confuses me.
I want to hold him,
his kisses to feel.


I'm not used to this, 
being confused and befuddled.
He takes me aback
I'm dreaming of bliss.





















1 comment:

  1. ACK! How embarrassing. By this time he was already remarried. Didn't know it however.

    ReplyDelete