Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ghost Ranch Serenity


















Sitting beneath the old cottonwood
with darkness all around,
the song of the universe
for miles the only sound

The blanket of stars overwhelms me
and takes my breath away.
The cosmos seems to hum;
stars twinkling seems like play.

The galaxy seems so peaceful
compared to strife on earth.
It's nice to hide away,
retreat to find rebirth.

Even in daytime the ranch brings peace;
the mesas surrounding;
their colors are calling,
vibrancy astounding.

On the more hectic days I climb them
finding stillness, unity
with the red sandstone,
joyful community.

At the top of the mesa I stand
and feel the urge to fly
like an eagle to soar
reaching to touch the sky.

The landscape is painted in reds and beige
with green shrubs forming lines,
as if  ready to march.
Blue sky frames God's design.

Ghost Ranch is basically perfection
painted by God's own hand;
sculpted by the angels,
seems like the Promised Land.

When I need peace it's where my mind goes;
climbing to Chimney Rock.
Far from daily bustle
I can fly like a hawk.














No comments:

Post a Comment