Friday, August 24, 2012

Intimidation

He pulled up and parked behind me
in a cream colored Toyota.
He was a white, male, had
reddish blonde hair and fairly thin.

He drew my attention when he
pulled a stocking mask up over
his head. I was scared, mad.
I left quickly with much chagrin.

I think he was aiming for me.
For what, I am really not sure.
I have an impression
it had to do with where I was.

Parallel parked on a slow street
at that time of day insecure;
perfect for aggression.
there were just not that many cars.

I was close to where my crush stayed;
A congressman I supported
for a very long time.
He was upset by attention.

I think he was assigned to prey
on my fears of rape reported
a way back, distant crime.
He certainly built the tension.

The congressman's aides cared little
that I was in quite deep distress,
just desired me gone
regardless of what it might take.

I'd already been belittled
So now I was being oppressed;
used me as a pawn
when the election was at stake.


©2012 Cherie R. Boeneman



No comments:

Post a Comment